Welcome to the new Community Theatre Coalition web site!
Any theatre patron in the Greater Vancouver area can attest to the abundance of quality entertainment options within a fairly small geographical area. The lion’s share of live theatre productions in the Lower Mainland are presented by amateur troupes. Their non-professional shows compare quite favourably with those done by their professional counterparts — the biggest difference often being the price tag.
Since 1992, these local groups have shared an advocacy in the form of the Community Theatre Coalition (CTC).
The CTC is comprised of non-professional theatre companies from around BC’s Lower Fraser Valley. Its mandate is To Recognize and Honour Excellence in Community Theatre. In a typical season the CTC has between seven and nine member clubs, with performance venues in Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Coquitlam, Tsawwassen, New Westminster and Vancouver.
Current Member Clubs:
- Fabulist Theatre Society, Vancouver
- Fighting Chance Productions, Vancouver
- FVGSS, Surrey
- Langley Players Drama Club, Langley
- Metro Theatre, Vancouver
- Sidekick Players Club, Tsawwassen
- Stage 43 Theatrical Society, Coquitlam
- Surrey Little Theatre, Surrey
- Theatre in the Country, Langley
- Vagabond Players, New Westminster
- White Rock Players’ Club, White Rock